but anyway, a few things have changed, so i figured it was a good time to update.
10 things i'm determined to get done, dammit:
2. bring home an extra 100$ per paycheck at least 4 weeks in a row
3. get the Funkmobile new brakes
4. get down to a decent jeans size
5. get software required to make a new (decent) AMV
7. buy a blender and juicer before early summer produce hits the grocery
8. give the Funkmobile a funky new paint job, black with pink airbrushing
10. take necessary steps to acquire rent-to-own house by the end of the year
so mote it be.
yesterday was a fantastic day, actually. i slept in, treated myself to lunch at todai's at pioneer place downtown, where i proceeded to eat at least fifty bucks' worth of sushi for $14.95. talk about killer. then i caught a matinee of sweeney todd, and whoever said eight bucks is a decent matinee price was a fucking liar. i got new tires for the Funkmobile, using the money my bio-dad sent me to do that very thing.
we were talking on the phone the other day and i mentioned how my tires were so bad, i never knew if my next trip would be my last trip. i had my usual fatalistic, dark sanchez humor about it, but he just offered to send me a check and use it to get new tires. "then we can work on your brakes," he said. i was amazed. i told him that he didn't have to. thank you, but it wasn't necessary. he insisted. the polite thing was to be gracious and accept it, and all the while i was just amazed how drastic the changes are since my bio-parents divorced.
a long, long time ago, willow told me to just take it for what it is, no expectations, and go slowly. let unfold whatever will unfold. and now, so many years later, it's unfolding into amazing things.