this is my way of saying that delena is a bit anal-retentive. not, like, potty-trained-at-gunpoint anal, but i'm pretty hard on myself. yes, go ahead and laugh. it was funny.
so anyway, i figured i'd repost my goals just to see where i am.
THINGS I'M DETERMINED TO GET DONE, DAMMIT:
(in no particular order)
3. be in idaho by the first week of october
4. get my field training finished at work
5. get my certification as a commissioned groomer
6. get down to a decent jeans size
8. make a new AMV
11. get back on a regular gym regimen
14. get the Funkmobile's windshield replaced
15. give the Funkmobile a funky new paint job, black with pink airbrushing
16. get the Funkmobile new tires
18. decide on and get a decent haircut from my stylist
now, no. 1. there are still some things yet to be packed, but those aren't going into boxes until the day before i move anyway. so pretty much, i'm already packed. you should see my room. nothing but empty bookshelves, a bare headboard, and naked white walls. it's depressing.
no. 2. i was surprised i managed this one. or, rather, looking at my budget, i'm pretty darn close. if i had to do it myself, i could. and for that, i actually find i puff up a little in pride when i think about it. *m* is helping me with expenses, though, which seriously lifted a tremendous weight of financial stress off my shoulders. it's what enabled me to be able to do things like no's. 7, 13, and 18, which is happening on 9/11.
no. 9 is a hopeless cause. looking at finances for moving, adopting kitties just wasn't all that practical. and then the demon children came into my life, and there you have it.
no. 10 is hopeless. i actually did manage to have my room beautiful and neat --the way i like it-- for a day.
...then i started packing. so kick that one right out the window... but i did it!
no. 12. ...i miss taco hell. man, i really did need to clean up my diet if i'm missing taco hell...
no. 17. as far as i'm concerned, it's done. we'll be thinking of things to add to that list for years anyway. but it's cute. i'm actually getting all homey and crocheting all these dish rags and towels 'n things. i'm so cute...
i'm rather proud of myself. in two weeks, i managed to accomplish eight out of eighteen goals. and not all of them were simple, easy things, either. so here's the revised list:
1. be in idaho by the first week of october
2. get my field training finished at work
3. get my certification as a commissioned groomer
4. get down to a decent jeans size
5. make a new AMV
6. get back on a regular gym regimen
7. get the Funkmobile's windshield replaced
8. give the Funkmobile a funky new paint job, black with pink airbrushing
9. get the Funkmobile new tires
10. decide on and get a decent haircut from my stylist