2.08.2007

the many incarnations of iGoddess

i've been keeping this blog since 2002, back when i was married and miserable. it started out as a message in a bottle, really, for a very lonely young woman in her early twenties with a neglectful husband who didn't care anything about her, and an infant who was triggering problems she didn't even know she had.

we've come a long way baby, huh?

it started out as "haven," because it was the only place where i could express myself completely free of any criticism. brainwashed the good little mexican daughter that i was, i was terminally nice so who was i to vent even a little bit? except on my blog. then i had to move the blog because the site i was using was shutting down, and over at blogdrive.com "haven" became "musings." still same purpose, though. lo and behold, stupid drama followed me. i even stopped speaking to my older sister because she read an entry at "musings" and picked a fight with me. it happened again last summer, when someone read an entry titled "message in a bottle" (the song was stuck in my head) and invited me to dinner, saying he wanted to "make sure i was all right," when instead what he wanted to do was corner me and deride me. and he had the audacity to call me a liar!

hence the birth of the expression, fucktards of the world. he definitely earned himself that title.

so i tore down both "haven" and "musings," and hunkered down at myspace.com for a while. with the exodus to blogger, though, and because i am a huge fan and regular lurker over at Snark Central and Nelson Literary Agency, i kept wanting to comment but felt lame having to be "Anonymous" because i didn't have a blogger account. so i signed up and lo, it was good.

and while the face of my blog has evolved drastically into what is now iGoddess, the core sentiment remains the same. it's haven for my musings, where i can say what i need to, exactly how i need to, and my feelings, beliefs, and opinions remain my own, expressed in the ribbons and shiny foil packaging that is my point of view and my truth. if you don't like it, don't read it, but i'm sure my many regulars could tell you that it's worth it to stick around.

now, for most of the citizens of the blogosphere, i've just posted a big, huge "duh!" but believe me, there are some who think because they read a blog, they then have the right to invade the blogger's privacy and hold them accountable because they found it "offensive." that's about as ri-cockulous as those idiots on capitol hill who keep forgetting that the 1st amendment is alive and well, and still on the bill of rights last time i checked. i just feel obligated to make my semi-annual post about it because, as i get more readers (and as this blog is in the #1 slot at Google for "iGoddess!" WOO!) i'm inevitably going to run into someone who's a member of my former life. i can take it and run with it, but i'm not shutting up.

if anything, i'll sick the elite team of tyrannosaur-riding ninja monkeys on them, give 'em a good spritz of febreeze. BE HAPPY! if the only way to kill the apocalypse is to love the apocalypse, then i'll learn to love everyone more than i love them. even my ego-centric older sister, and the fucktards of the world!

No comments: