1. They make sure we never take ourselves too seriously
2. By strategically placing themselves in high-traffic areas, they make sure our sense of balance and reflexes are razor sharp
3. They maintain our hunter-gatherer skills by stealing important items (e.g. car keys, remote controls, socks) and hiding them in cat-only accessible places in the house
4. They magnanimously allow us to bask in the wonderful kittiness that is them
5. They promote us to attain higher and more enlightened versions of ourselves by pointing out every time we're stupid
6. Leading by example, they remind us that no matter how caught up in our lives we are, there's always room for a nap
7. They advise to groom often, especially when caught in the act of losing your cat cool. That way, it looks deliberate
8. Sneaking behind the couch and attacking someone's ankles is a fun way to say, "I love you!"
9. They remind us to take time to sit somewhere up high and just watch the world. It's amazing what you might see.
10. They encourage you to keep your pride's territory clean by regularly shedding and coughing up hairballs on the area in question
11. They're always honest, and never put up with company they don't want to, complete with hissing and the occasional scratch.
12. The kitty box is an eternal reminder to regularly clean out the crap in your life.
13. The kitty purr is a sure sign kitty zen is within reach. Sit back, and embrace your inner kitty
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants