6.05.2008

brezsny-on-the-blog

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): What Martin Luther King Jr. said about epic struggles in the political arena is also apt for you in your private life, especially now: "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." I recommend that you translate his advice into the intimate details of your relationships. If you really do that with the irresistible force of your burning conviction, you will prove another one of King's excellent thoughts: "Unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality."


y'know, part of me wanted to interpret this in the spirit of my new focus --my dedication to drawing to myself my Funky groovemate through the power of my thoughts and the confidence i have in the universe constructing custom-made blessings for me-- but there are other applications to it, as well.

projecting love and light --however HappyHippieBullshit it seems to the cynical of the world-- really does work to draw those very things towards you in abundance. like attracts like, one of the most fundamental laws of nature. with all the drama going on at work, all i do is project a caring, empathic energy and people are confiding in me, seeking my advice and opinions. there's room for honesty, and an ability to navigate those murky waters almost as miraculously as if i'd simply decided to walk on water.

"look, ma! i'm jesus!'

and at home, as well. *ds* and *ks* still asked if i was upset with them, but i wasn't. project love, channel empathy, and truth naturally follows. sometimes, within my adopted family, i feel like the simple-minded child, the one saturated in naïveté who gets patted on the head whenever i speak from the place of compassion or empathy. but i truly believe people will feel safer and freer to be true to themselves, to speak their own truth, in an environment shining with love and empathy. there's no room for judgement in such atmosphere, only acceptance and understanding.

or, at least, the striving for understanding. and as long as there is empathy, there will be fertile ground for communication, which will bear rich fruits of understanding.

this makes so much sense to me. sometimes i wonder why more people don't get it. of course, to be fair, it didn't always make sense... if unconditional love is to have its final word, i must recognize everyone is at their own individual place in their own individual growth stories, and perhaps they simply haven't developed to the point where they can see what i see so plainly.

and that's okay, too.

everyone is at their own place in their own story, and the unfoldling of the story will happen in its own time. there's simply no rushing it.

however, if dr. king was talking about epic struggles in the political arena, and if we take that same epic force and apply it to my focus to find my Groovemate with all the irresistible force of my burning conviction, then it's really only a matter of time until my projected love and resonating empathy draw to me someone who will love, protect, treasure, and adore me. only someone worthy of the gift of my Trinity of Self will be attracted to my roaring empathy, shining love, and burning compassion.

and then will come The Time of Unarmed Truth and Unconditional Love.

for Unarmed Truth is another way of saying vulnerability, which is what real intimacy demands. and unconditional love? intimacy fosters open communication, trust, and respect...which engender unconditional love.

...all the ingredients necessary to create the Radical Intimacy i shall enjoy with my Funky groovemate...

No comments: