8.05.2008

brezsny-on-the-blog

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Here's a passage from Kurt Vonnegut's novel *Breakfast of Champions:* "Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." This scenario has some resemblances to what you're doing, Capricorn. Fortunately, you're much smarter than the two pieces of yeast, and so you will not do the equivalent of drowning in crap. But I bet you'll create something comparable to champagne.


blah.

this took me a long time to figure out, which is kinda embarrassing. my gut reaction was, "what am i doing wrong?" it's obvious those pieces of yeast were way too in love with themselves and their pop nihilism to see they were in the process of a true transformation, that the champagne manifesting around them! of course, in the process of their creation of champagne, they would've been dead before or at-the-moment-of completion.

so while my gut reaction might've been a remnant of the old me, it was correct. the new me just had to look at it.

what i'm doing wrong is i'm failing to see the champagne manifesting around me. i'm doing things i need to do for Freedom Revolution, i'm exercising my mind and heart so it's open for my new life, i am in constant forward motion, i'm not afraid of failure because i know i'm heading into success. i've been too focused on the fact that it's not champagne yet. i've been too focused on how much of me is going into this process (a $$ amount that might make you choke) instead of focusing on what that effort and money is going to do for me.

and yes, i'll be dead before i see it. or, i'll die at the moment it finally comes into fruition.

because at the instant it finally goes from yeasty/bubbling/fermented solution to champagne, the old me stuck in the old processes will have died utterly. if your life tomorrow is a result of what you believe and do today, then those things i'm working for today are going to manifest a completely different life. my doubting self is getting weaker, balanced control is easier, and i don't flinch at dramatic and radical change. success requires me to be able to not flinch when i look at the bare truth of things.

it's a fine time to refine old goals and write new ones. it's also a fine time to get very, very clear about exactly what i'm looking for in new business partners and associates. in detail. law of attraction: if i visualize it clearly, back it up with true emotion, and tell the universe this is what i want, the universe will provide.

No comments: